Collapsed Sewer Pipes Phoenix, AZ and Nearby Areas
Sewer lines that are left ignored or untreated can result in collapsed sewer pipes. At Zippity Split, we strongly urge all of our residential and commercial customers in Phoenix and the surrounding areas to schedule an appointment right away if any sewer problems begin to appear. We are proud to serve Phoenix, Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Tempe, AZ. Proactive action can save you time, money, and a lot of hassle. If you are having sewer line issues, or if you suspect that you may have collapsed sewer pipes, contact your local experts at Zippity Split Plumbing so we can get your sewer up and running again.
Schedule an appointment to see why we are the preferred plumber in Phoenix, AZ and the nearby areas.
Causes of Collapsed Sewer Pipes
There are several potential causes for collapsed sewer lines that can only be diagnosed through a professional sewer inspection. Once a sewer pipe has lost its structural integrity and collapsed, the dirt and soil above the pipe will collapse into it and completely block sewage flow. At this point, the sewer pipeline must be repaired or replaced.
- Tree Root Infiltration - Tree roots seek out water and will take advantage of any crack, break, or hole in your Scottsdale sewer pipeline to get it. Tree root infiltration is a common cause of sewer line blockage and collapse, as the roots grow into the pipe through joints and other points of access which weakens the pipeline. This allows wastewater to escape and erode the soil around the sewer line, causing a total collapse of the pipe.
- Offset and/or Misaligned Pipes - Pipes that were not properly installed, or pipes that have been subject to environmental damage, similarly allow wastewater out of your Scottsdale pipelines, eroding soil and leading to sewer pipe collapse.
- Aging Pipes - Sewer pipes that have not been properly inspected, cleaned, and repaired over the years are subject to collapse. Though all types of sewer pipes will eventually degrade over time, the Orangeburg pipe is of particular concern. Orangeburg (also called bituminous fiber) pipe was constructed from wood pulp sealed with coal tar, which degrades faster than other sewer pipe materials like cast iron or PVC.
Repairing Your Collapsed Sewer Pipes in Scottsdale, Arizona
Depending on the specific situation occurring inside your Phoenix, AZ home or business, our industry-leading experts may recommend either traditional or trenchless sewer repair options. A collapsed pipe must be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible, and we are dedicated to ensuring that your pipelines are taken care of in the fastest, most cost-effective manner possible.
- Traditional Excavation Sewer Repair - If it is determined that traditional excavation repair is the best choice for your collapsed sewer pipes, our team will remove all of the dirt and soil from above and around the part of your sewer that needs repair. Once the necessary work is complete, this soil will be returned to its place and allowed to settle for 6 months before any re-planting or landscaping can occur. Excavation sewer repair can interrupt sewer usage for up to one or two days, depending on the size of the job.
- Trenchless Sewer Repair - Zippity Split Plumbing specializes in trenchless sewer repair technology. This state-of-the-art method of repairing and replacing pipelines only requires one or two small access holes to be dug, leaving your property in perfect condition. We utilize CIPP (Cured-in-Place) and point repair lining techniques. Both methods use a fiberglass polyester resin to either fully replace or spot repair the pipes and joints in your sewer line. Besides the obvious benefit of not requiring a trench to be dug, trenchless sewer repair also can be completed in as little as one to two hours, very minimal sewer disruption.
Let Zippity Split Take Care of Your Phoenix, AZ Sewer Problems Today
If you suspect that your sewer pipe has collapsed, it’s important to contact Zippity Split Plumbing quickly so we can resolve your issue and let you focus on the more important things in life. With our one-hour appointment windows, you’ll never have to stress about what time the plumber will arrive. We guarantee that our technicians will arrive at the promised time, or else we will take $100 off your bill. If you are located in Phoenix, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Tempe, Mesa, Ahwatukee, or Scottsdale, call, download our app, or schedule an appointment with our team of plumbing specialists today.