Clogged Sewer Pipes Phoenix, AZ and Nearby Areas
Sewer lines work every day to move gallons of water, food, debris, and waste through our residential and commercial pipelines. Eventually, however, sewer pipes can become clogged, causing a variety of issues both large and small. At Zippity Split Plumbing, we understand how important it is for the sewer pipes in your Phoenix, AZ home or business to stay clean, clear, and ready for use. That’s why we offer one-hour appointment windows so you don’t have to wait around wondering when your technician is going to show up. We also promise to arrive right on time, and if we don’t, we’ll take $100 off your bill. If you’re experiencing the symptoms of clogged sewer pipes, schedule an appointment with Zippity Split right away. We serve Phoenix, Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Tempe, AZ, and nearby areas.
How Do I Know If My Sewer Pipes Are Clogged?
It’s important to be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of clogged sewer pipes. If you notice any of the following occurring within your Phoenix home or business, contact your local experts at Zippity Split to schedule a consultation.
- Water draining slowly from sinks, bathtubs, and other drains
- Multiple clogged drains or repeated clogs in the same drain
- Wastewater backing up or water overflowing from showers, toilets, or sinks
- Unusual and/or unpleasant odors coming up from drains
- Strange noises, often bubbling or gurgling, coming from toilets and drains
What Causes Your Sewer Pipes to Clog?
Clogged sewer lines can be caused by a variety of material buildup within your Phoenix, AZ pipelines. It’s important to be careful about what goes down the drains in your home or business. Some of the most common causes of sewer pipe clogs are ordinary household substances that we use every day.
- Cooking Grease, Fat, and Oil - Grease, fat, and cooking oil should never be poured down the drain. Grease, fat, and oil are not water-soluble (meaning they do not dissolve). When poured down the drain, grease attaches itself to the lining of your pipes, attracting and trapping food, hair, and other debris that is sent down and causes major clogging issues.
- Hair and Soap Scum - Hair that is allowed down the shower or bathtub drain can easily get caught inside your pipes, balling up and getting tangled with other debris that is also washed down. Residue from the soaps that we use can also cause clogging. Many communities in the Scottsdale area have hard water, which contains minerals that react with the fatty acids found in soap. This causes soap scum to form, encouraging the growth of mildew, mold, and bacteria, as well as causing clogs.
- Food Waste and Coffee Grounds - It can be tempting, especially if you have a garbage disposal, to wash food and coffee grounds down the drain. This, however, is always a bad idea. Food waste is a major cause of pipeline blockages and clogs. Nothing larger than a pea should ever be sent down the garbage disposal, and even then, most experts recommend a drain screen rather than relying on your disposal system. Coffee grounds are also a major offender in clogged sewer pipes. The grounds from your morning joe don’t break down in the water and can cause build-up, clogs, and headache-worthy damage to your pipes.
How Can Zippity Split Fix My Clogged Sewer Pipes?
If your home or business is showing signs of clogged sewer pipes, it’s important to call your industry-leading experts at Zippity Split before the problem gets worse. After completing a comprehensive sewer camera inspection, we will recommend one of two solutions for unclogging your Phoenix, AZ sewer line in the quickest, most cost-effective manner possible.
- Drain Snaking - Drain snaking is one of the most common methods of clearing out pipe clogs. This process involves professional technicians inserting an auger with bristles attached to break up and capture the clog-causing material and blockages. This is a quick and affordable method of unclogging sewer pipes, however, it should only be completed by trained experts to avoid inflicting any damage upon your pipes.
- Descaling - Pipe descaling is another effective method of removing the buildup, scale, and debris that causes clogs within your Phoenix pipes. Scale buildup is particularly common in older homes and businesses with cast iron pipes. To descale your pipes, a specialized machine with grinding chains is professionally inserted into your pipeline to spin and scrape it clean, clearing out all blockages and clogs.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Local Phoenix Plumber at Zippity Split Today
There’s a reason we are the preferred plumber in Phoenix, AZ and nearby areas. We are committed to providing you with fast, friendly, and reliable service, from your initial point of contact with us through the completion of the job. With a variety of convenient ways to schedule an appointment, from our personalized app to our online scheduling tool, our experts are ready to help your home or business get back on track as quickly as possible. For all your plumbing needs, give Zippity Split Plumbing a call today.